Remember when you interview, you should be interviewing the place just as much as they are interviewing you. Questions I will usually ask in interviews.
- General Questions:
- Why is this salary exempt? Do you regularly work more than 40 hours a week?
- What kind of hours will I be working?
- Will there be weekend hours? If so, how soon am I supposed to respond to issues? What priorities am I expected to respond to?
- What impact is it if I’m 5 minutes late? How about Dr. Appointments?
- Will travel ever be required?
- Do you support training expenses? I.E. Will I get reimbursed for working on my Master’s degree? Certs?
- What is the dress code?
- How big is the team I will be working with?
- Is there upward mobility?
- How many tickets/ projects/ tasks does the average person handle/ manage in a day? When someone is behind how is that handled?
- Do most of the team meet up after work or is this a work go home group?
- What kind of backup system do you use?
- Is this more of an admin job or a desktop support job?
- Will I be in charge of more than one site?
- Can I run custom powershell scripts? In QA first of course.
- How many servers?
- Who handles first level support?
- Is there WSUS? How do you handle Windows Updates?
- Is there MDT/WDS? How do you handle imaging?
Spotted a mistake in this article? Why not suggest an edit!