Follow this guide to auto backup certain instances in AWS.
Go to instance and get the EBS Volume, I copied them to a notepad++ document
Type in ‘Backup’ and create a backup plan
- Create backup plan = ‘Default-Backup’
- Backup Rule = Template - Daily 35 day rotation (why not? Choose whatever template you want)
- Resource Assignments = Make up a name, I choose ‘domain-controllers’ and choose the option for AWS to assign an IAM role, I called it ‘Default’
- Now, under resources, hit the dropdown and choose ‘Resource ID’ in the first column, ‘EBS’ in the second column, and copy/paste the Volume ID for the third - column from step 1.
- Do this repeatedly for all volumes.