This post is just for my notes on my Notepad++ install.
Go to Style Configurator – Obsidian
1 2 3
Verdana 12 Check box = Enable Global font Check box = Enable Global font size
Enable the Explorer plugin and set to my scripts path.
Tips and Tricks
Sort by line and remove the duplicate lines at the same time
- Get the TextFX plugin. This used to be included in older versions of Notepad++, but if you have a newer version, you can add it from the menu by going to Plugins => Plugin Manager => Show Plugin Manager => Available tab => TextFX => Install. In some cases it may also be called TextFX Characters, but this is the same thing.
- Then check boxes and buttons required will now appear in the menu under: TextFX => TextFX Tools.
- Make sure
sort outputs only uniqueis checked.
- Next, select a block of text (Ctrl+A to select the entire document). Finally, click
sort lines case sensitiveor
sort lines case insensitive
To Replace Spaces on Each Line (this happens when you copy multiple columns from Excel to Npp):
- Copy the amount of spaces in between each word to your clipboard
- Press Ctrl+A to select all text
- Press Ctrl+H to bring up find/replace
- Paste in the blank spaces in the
- In the replace with, make sure it is completely blank
- Select the option to replace all
To remove trailing spaces for each line:
Edit – Blank Operations – Trim trailing space
To remove leading space for each line:
Edit – Blank Operations – Trim leading space
To remove empty lines:
Edit – Line Operations – Remove Empty Lines
or in Extended mode:
To sort lines alphabetically:
Edit – Line Operations – Sort Lines Lexi Ascending
NPP: Remove all lines that start with specific word
Go to the search menu Ctrl+F and open the “Mark” tab.
Check “Bookmark line” (if there is no “Mark” tab update to the current version).
Enter your search term (Select Regex and
^YourWordHere) and click “Mark All” - All lines containing the search term are bookmarked.
Now go to the Menu “Search => Bookmark => Remove Bookmarked lines”
To add a Sentences In Middle Of Text Blocks
changeType: modify\nreplace: extensionAttribute10\nDirXML
For the following example:
1 2 3 dn: cn=mxt8167,ou=Student,o=company DirXML-ADContext: CN=mxt8167,OU=Student,DC=company,DC=com extensionAttribute10: Fall_2011
1 2 3 4 5 dn: cn=mxt8167,ou=Student,o=company changetype: modify replace: extensionAttribute10 DirXML-ADContext: CN=mxt8167,OU=Student,DC=company,DC=com extensionAttribute10: Fall_2011